It has been a week or so since we started our fast in this holy month of Ramadhan here in Sydney. Hope no one had accidentally or "accidentally" drank water when fasting. Hahah. Anyhow, as always we will be having a Sungkai Gathering this Sunday, 22nd August 2010. This POTLUCK gathering will also include Maghrib prayers berjemaah and also Isyak and Terawih prayers if the majority would be willing to join. The details are as below:
- Place? Old Tote and the Village Boys' apartment
- When? Sunday, 22nd August 2010
The itinerary for that day would be:
- Guests arriving at Old Tote at around 4:45 p.m. to put the food and drinks there
- Those concerned will move to the apartment around 5:20 p.m. where we will break our fast with dates (kurma) and drinks then have our Maghrib prayers berjemaah
- After Maghrib prayers, we will move back to Old Tote for the feast
- Optional - Isyak prayers, 8 rakaat Terawih with witir. This part here is totally optional and depends entirely on the majority. The options are:-
- We move back to the apartment and have our Isyak prayers along with 8 rakaats of Terawih and 1 rakaat of Witir there.
- We go to the Square House and have Jemaah prayers there.
- Or having prayers on your own.
And please do leave your feedback with your preferred options.
- As usual this gathering will be POTLUCK and as usual please do leave a comment on what you will be bringing =)
- Any questions do feel free to ask and Insya Allah it will be answered ASAP.
- IMPORTANT: Please do bring your individual prayer mats to ensure that there will be enough for everyone